Small Businesses Can Pull Us Out Of The Recession
The answer is fairly obvious when you see the findings of a report from the U.S. Small Business Administration Office of Advocacy, September 2009. Notice what it says as reported on the score website.
The estimated 29.6 million small businesses in the United States:
- Employ just over half of the country’s private sector workforce
- Hire 40 percent of high tech workers, such as scientists, engineers and computer workers
- Include 52 percent home-based businesses and two percent franchises
- Represent 97.3 percent of all the exporters of goods
- Represent 99.7 percent of all employer firms
- Generate a majority of the innovations that come from United States companies
So what is the answer to pulling the USA out of this recession slump?
The answer is for the government to encourage entrepreneurship as well as the starting of small businesses. If small businesses were given tax breaks to provide jobs and cash flow for cities and towns then the recession would resolve itself in short order.
In the meanwhile though, until government recognizes and rewards the small business owner for their contribution… you will need all the help you can get.
Partner up with a Suwanee CPA that can help to steer you through the treacherous business waters of this recession. Call Vern Free now for a complimentary consultation.